Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I love spicy beef Pho!



I just like to eat it. I like to walk down to the cafeteria and order it from the older Vietnamese couple there. I like to put two spoons of plum sauce in it, along with a squeezed wedge of lime and several thin slices of fresh jalepeno pepper. I like to eat it with chopsticks. I like that I have to grab double napkins because of the sweat that breaks out on my brow as I eat it, and the snot that starts running. I like the feeling of being full of Pho, which isn't heavy and debilitating like a burger, or steak, or pasta.

If Pho were a woman, I would be courting.

If it were a car, I would only put premium unleaded in it. If it were a season, it would be a beautiful summer evening with a light breeze. If it were a boss, I would get a fat raise. If it were...

Well, you get the idea.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your outta control once again. Wow! That is a great picture- did you take it? You forgot to mention where your favorite place for Pho is?

I have been to:

What the Pho
www.whatthepho.net

10680 NE 8th St
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425) 462-5600

its pretty yummy :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel Sarah said...

A Vietnamese restaurant just opened in Monroe. I've been wanting to try it - but would have no idea what to order. Indian curry & Greek food is what we usually look for. Costas Opa in the Fremont District is our fav Greek place.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

I just ate at What the Pho today for my first time! It was yummy.

Rachel - haven't been to Costas Opa but it sound great, I like Greek food. Anything with feta cheese on it is good for me. :)

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its cool because its actually a "nice" Pho place, some of them can be a little sketchy.

Is the Costas place on the corner? I think I have been there before..

9:26 AM  
Blogger Lucie Shuker said...

You are CORRECT. This is the very best the good earth (and it's most excellent chefs) has to offer

1:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel Sarah said...

Yep - Costas Opa is on the corner. Just avoid Fri & Sat nights about 8pm... they have belly dancing. We learned the hard way & John was sooooo embarassed when the lady came around to the tables for tips - he quickly found his way to the men's room. My uncontrollable laughter wasn't much help though. :>0

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@Rachel- Haha I totally was going to ask if it was the place with belly dancing :) That must have been a riot!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home