Monday, May 23, 2011

Deep Thoughts While Chilling in My Hotel Room

When you are young and growing up, a very common question is, Who do you want to be when you grow up? A fireman? A lawyer? A doctor? An athlete? And then you get secondary school, high school, and the question becomes more pertinent. Which college should you go to? Which major should you declare? It's always with a forward look, thinking, planning, studying, working hard... to become this person that you have imagined and planned yourself to be.

Lately I've been having the realization: I am that person. Perhaps that's a tardy revelation at 34 years of age, but I guess you can't really time these things. This is who I am. And that's not to say that I don't have the ability or desire to continue to grow and change and develop and mature... but in some many ways, who I will become is all right here in who I am right now. It's a startling realization.

Now the next question is, am I happy with that person?

That, my friend, is a much tougher question.

1 Comments:

Blogger THE RON said...

No doubts about it Now, the lack of decisions, for one item, that affect your future in a positive manner take an even larger toll because you have less time to recover.

The fear of 'bad' decisions is one a big obstacle to making any decision at all.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home