Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Art of Blogging

I think where people go wrong is that they don't update their blog enough. If I check back on a person's blog in a day, see no new posts, then check again the next day, and see no new posts, then there's not much motivation to check back on the third day. Having said that, I hope to keep this blog updated as much as possible with new links, new ideas, new photos... and you can help also, with new comments. Unless you're a stranger and you want to advertise for your own stupid commercial blog. In that case, keep your comments to yourself. As a matter of fact, go ahead and take your keyboard in your hands, bring it down hard onto your knee, snapping it in half, pick up the individual keys off the floor and flush them down your toilet, one at a time, chanting loudly "I will NOT take advantage of others' blogs to try and make money" repeatedly. Thank you.

BTW, does anybody else have the same problem as me? When this blog first loads, I can't see the text in the top few posts, until I scroll down and then back up. Is it just my browser, or do you have the same issue?

5 Comments:

Blogger jennifer joy staab said...

hey. you didnt post today, September 7th. :)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Well, hey, I said it's after TWO days that I lose interest!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timothy,

Is this what you meant when you indicated I could communicate with you under any post...on which I wished to comment? I haven't commented yet, so here goes: I may be wrong, but your Original Post was dated the 4th. Jennifer's statement & your reply came on the 7ht. Looks like 3 days to me.. Mmmmmm!
Now that I have commented, is this the way I do it??

5:12 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Well Grandpa, it looks like you got me. Yeah, that's the way to post! :)

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for your response. I probably won't use your blog much, but appreciate knowing how, without too much commitment. Thanks for humoring your 'ol grandpa. Bye!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home