Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Condo Conundrum

So I'm thinking about purchasing a condominium. It's a little scary. The condo that I'm currently looking at would be over a 400% increase in monthly expenditure, as compared to the cheap room I rent right now downstairs at Tom and Barbara Staab's house. Did you know that everything on the market right now is EXTREMELY expensive? Well, it is. It's a seller's market, as they say. And I'm a buyer. I hesitate to jump into such a high monthly mortgage, but at the same time, I hate to continue giving my money to someone else every month for a place to live. It's not buying me anything, I just give it away. I can't think of a better investment to make than a home, yet I continue to hesitate. Will my hesitation cost me the perfect place? Will I let it slip out of my fingers? Yet if I jump out and purchase this condo, would I be taking matters into my own hands and not following the leading of God?

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts..." Col. 3.15

Offers will be reviewed today for the condo I am currently interested in. If it is not snatched up, I will continue to look at it. If there is NOT ONE SINGLE OFFER MADE, I will take it as a sign from God that I'm to go after it, as this is what I've prayed for. I need the sense that this is the place that He has for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger jennifer joy staab said...

I think you should talk to josh curtis. he may have some good advice for you in the whole condo purchase thing...you know how josh is, before he does something, he investigates it completely, utterly, totally

7:33 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

I took you up on that idea and chatted with him last night for some time about condos. Interesting stuff. I'm so totally wanting to get into a condo, it's just smart to own something these days.

But HOW to go about it, that's the question... so many options!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

any new developments?

9:52 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Nothing yet, Mario. I'll be heading back to check it out again tomorrow. All I can say is that NO offers have been made on the condo yet. Which is strange. And the owner isn't well and had an MRI this week and kept everybody out. So that essentially put things on hold.

I think I should know tomorrow.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home