Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Camping


It's just you and the outdoors. And a couple of friends. And a pickup full of gear.

Last weekend Tom, Andrew and myself jumped in a truck and headed south quite a ways, down to Mt. St. Helens ("Why plural?" Tom asks. "Was there more than one Helen?") The goal of this expedition was to have some good fun, do some good camping, and check out the Ape Caves, a long underground network of lava tubes. All three goals were met and exceeded, with some darn good camp meals to boot (weren't those top sirloin steaks ambrosial?). Here's a few photos for your viewing pleasure:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Mando said...

Oh man, right on... that looks like so much fun. Now I want to go camping.... I am definitely going to have to go see those ape caves! thanks for sharing....I especially liked all of the pictures you posted.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that looks frickin rad (frad)! cool beans...you're hair is getting wild Tim, you crazy man

8:14 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Nice post. I likes the pics with the lake and the boat, and you guys in the caves with your head lamps on. That's cool you guys did some exploring.

8:53 AM  
Blogger jennifer joy staab said...

tell me again, what were you doing?

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are two comments, or maybe three: That's a pretty dandelion. Wow, cool that you got to see actual seething hot lava. And I have to say, your hair looks extremely big in those pictures! :) Coincidences?

11:46 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Well, I got a haircut the other night. And shaved. Took ten years off my age. Better not do that too many times...

It wasn't seething lava... it was our campfire coal bed where we cooked our potatoes. Another cool and interesting fact: the shot of the ferns is not a shot of ferns. It is a macro shot of some of the coolest moss I've ever seen. And soft, too. I slept on some.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home