Monday, October 30, 2006

Red Card Davis

Tonight I joined my friends at the Sports Arena to play some indoor soccer. I was looking forward to it, though a bit nervous since I've been fighting a respiratory bug and don't quite feel up to snuff. I knew I would be getting a work out.

Or not.

I got about five minutes into the game when I was feeling the chest congestion start to loosen up a bit. I shot a snot rocket and spit, and was immediately given a red card by the ref and kicked out of the building. I guess you're not supposed to spit on indoor soccer fields, which makes sense now that I think about it, though it felt pretty natural at the moment. But they're pretty serious about their rules. They wouldn't even let me stay in the building and watch the rest of the game, and I can't play in the next game, but after that they'll let me back, if I leave my spitting days behind me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You got kicked out of the building!

Rebel.

7:21 AM  
Blogger jennifer joy staab said...

GOSH. way to let down the team.

9:43 AM  
Blogger justin said...

Tim. I think you're swell. Hope you feel better.

(Roy gives knees yellow liver bile violently.)

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim I have to say--gross. Although I bet you get a good nickname out of it. And then I also hope you feel better.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Traveling roadkill obviously keeps unlovable ligaments very gross.

That's a great story Timothy. I laughed out loud. Then read it to Jen Yust, and we both laughed out loud.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home