Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Leaving NY

I think my plane is boarding.

But I really like this city. The little that I saw of it. Today I planned on tootling around and seeing the sites... which I did a little, but I was so pooped I slept past noon and didn't have much time. I jumped on the subway and headed out to the WTC site, which was emotional and just crazy to look at the skyline and see where the buildings once stood, now just a hole in the ground. Then I jumped back onto the subway and hit SoHo, at the suggestion of Kelsey, and wow. That place is so nice. I would like spend a whole day there and have a grand to blow on stuff. Lots of great shopping, quaint cafes and pubs, art galleries, interesting and highly stylish individuals.

I then jumped back on the subway, got to Grand Central where my hotel is, picked up my bags, and got a sweet Cadillac SUV ride to the airport, where I'm sitting now, waiting to fly back home.

Home.

Speaking of home, that is now in Issaquah. I've slept for a total of one nights in my new home. Boxes are stacked in my room, my bed is sitting on the floor (I got a free bed!) and I wonder what Daniel has done to make the place seem like home.

Life. Is busy.

NaNoWriMo? Yeah, I'm falling behind. Nothing that a good, open Saturday afternoon couldn't fix. Which I might have. In 2006.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would be much happier in boston. with a huge old house. with td&h aka old money. christy is my witness. zorty. how weird is that one?

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i think i could handle that :) boston is so much more peaceful though. i think i'll just take the train to NY on the weekends. jxquk

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home