Monday, May 08, 2006

Anti-Tim

It is always surprising to me when someone doesn't like me. Is this a sign that I am conceited? Perhaps. I think it has to do more with my batting average in life... I think in general, I'm a pretty likeable guy, pretty phlegmatic (this has nothing to do with phlegm, although I do have that sometimes), and so if someone takes a disliking to me, I don't know what to do with it. Everybody should like me!

Are you this way also?

(If you are a woman, you are right now trying to figure out what sparked this comment, who doesn't like me, etc. To put your mind at ease, it is more of a general musing about myself and my life, rather than a reaction to someone's adverse feelings toward me.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But how do you know if that's what the women-readers are thinking Anyways, simple logic says that that can't just be a "random" musing, because you wouldn't just wonder why people don't like you unless someone acted like they didn't.

So maybe you should ask them, if you can. Either its Jesus in you which you can't change, or its some quality about you that bugs someone, and if its that maybe it needs changing. At least you can find out. I hate being disliked too, but I'd rather hear the truth if I need it than stay weird.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Erick said...

man, I thought I was doing so well hiding it... :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mando said...

what is normal? what is weird? Sometimes people just don't like you and it's nothing you did, it is just them and that moment. That isn't always the case, but I find that if I am on the defensive about encountering someone who doesn't like me then I will find more people who don't like me than if I am simply friendly,courteous, and Godly. But just so I don't disregard your feelings in any way, it isn't a good feeling when you perceive that someone doesn't like you, or has it out for you.
I don't like that either.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home