Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Poo Poo Point

No, I'm not being childish. That's really the name!

Last night after work it was a beautiful evening, I had some excessive energy that needed burning off. I was thinking about going for a run, but then I remembered that I've been wanting to find this trail to Poo Poo Point ever since I'd heard about it (which was several weeks ago when a bunch of us went hiking up Tiger Mountain on West Trail #3). It was a bit tricky to find, but after asking a local, I discovered the trailhead just off Front Street by the Issaquah High School. Four-and-a-half miles later and 1,800 feet higher, I stood in a small clearing on a hilltop, watching paragliders launch themselves into space. I didn't know they would be up there. It looked extremely fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger jennifer joy staab said...

i want to paraglide!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that does pretty much look totally awesome.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that looks so pertiful. awesome view

4:39 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Well that would explain the plaque that I saw up there: "Fin's Thinking Spot"

3:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mando said...

way cool

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that must be the most amazing feeling--being weightless and above the world for a few minutes of your life. But I always wanted to hangglide; I wonder how paragliding's different.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home