Monday, November 27, 2006

SNOW!!!

I love the snow. I really do. Unfortunately, traffic doesn't always agree with snow. For instance:


On any given day, any one of these red alerts would really snarl traffic. I'm counting eight right now, including snarls like: SR 522 -Closed to traffic, severe weather on SR 522 in both directions, SR 518 W -Accident, All Lanes Blocked on SR 518 westbound at I-5, I-405 N -Multi vehicle accident, All Lanes Blocked on I-405 northbound at 236th Street SE.

So to all of you out there stuck in traffic (including Tom Hallstrom who just called me in a state of mind which "frustrated" would only scratch the surface in description), my sympathies. I hope it helps knowing that I'm home now watching the game with a log in the fireplace, eating turkey leftovers. Yum.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kidding! It took John 4 hours to get from Seattle to Monroe! And my brother is stuck somewhere between Evergreen Hospital & Monroe... he just bought a new stereo system today with DVD capability and is watching The Incredibles as he creeps along! And princess Rachel sits at home with a book and a cup of tea - the snow looks beautiful from where I sit - 7 inches so far. (Tim did you see our comment from your last entry?) Hope you don't mind us joining your blog family :>) We just discovered blogging! We'll set up our own blog sooner or later. Rachel & John

8:38 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mando said...

Ha ha, you should move to the east side. Less traffic, more snow, better drivers.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, brother! ;) (BTW, don't ask me what spurred the sudden interest in a blog by a certain Timothy...snow days do something to you)

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we saw the snow at the Seahawks game on ESPN. It is too bad what snow does to traffic...but it's somehow magical nonetheless. We haven't really had any yet this year.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

The record here at TSG was set by Chad Collins:

Left work: 5:30p
Arrived home: 4a

1:14 PM  
Blogger jennifer joy staab said...

not nice tim, not nice.

7:10 PM  
Blogger justin said...

Tim,

Thank you. Your blog is the #1 URL from which others access my blog. Looking at my statcounter map, people have clicked from your blog to mine from places such as the UK, Switzerland, and South Africa. So thanks.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Glad to be of service.

My advertisement fee is minimal.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must really love the snow, because you haven't written anything ever since we had it last Monday. Nostalgia?

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home