Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fitness!

Yip! It's good to get fit!

So I've had this unspoken, and now spoken, goal for quite awhile, but I'm just now coming to realize it: getting fit. No, I don't want to be cut, or chiseled, or ripped, or anything like that. Imagine every picture of a bodybuilder that you've ever seen, and now cut-n-paste my head onto that image. Scary. But I would like to get fit, like... develop an athletic build... so I could wear a fitted tee without a bit of a stomach-bulge pushing through the shirt, you know what I mean? And that simple, little, innocuous goal is actually a real challenge.

My biggest challenge isn't getting to the gym. Lately, I've been going 3-4 days of the week, sometimes 5 days, and just LOVING it. No, the big challenge is DIET. I just like to eat food. And I like to eat the food that I like to eat, not the food that I don't like to eat. Some foods that I like to eat that are probably getting me in trouble: beer (yes, it qualifies as a food-item in my world), cheese, burgers, cheeseburgers, fries, bread-items, and beer. Food that I will grow to enjoy much more as I force myself to eat it: salads, seafood, protein beverages, fruits, and steaks. Lots and lots of steaks.

The result? Looking like I don't "work out in a gym." Just looking....

Fit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally enjoyed the line about the body builder! Too funny!

Now as for getting your reader base back I highly recommend you leave comments on all of your friends blogs, and I am sure they will get back around to commenting on yours- then they will notice, Wow! he has actually written a blog... perhaps then you might start getting ppl to read again.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home