Monday, November 14, 2005

Back Pains

Do you know someone who has "thrown their back out?" Maybe you've done this yourself. I never have, but I've heard of a lot of people complaining about this... my mom has had hers go out a couple of times, bending over to do a mundane task like pick up a towel off the floor and *wham* it freezes up.

Well. Now I know what that feels like. Yesterday I bent over and tried to slide a ridiculously heavy grate across the floor. I failed to budge it, but I did feel something give in my lower back, and haven't been able to stand up erect since. It's not a good idea to do this on the first day of a long show. So now I'm confined to my hotel room, my boss sent me home to rest and ice the back. It feels a bit better today, but I still have to shuffle around with my butt out a little, like an old man, and if I straighten up a bit to much pain shoots up and back and I gasp.

So for all of you folks with bad backs--my deepest sympathy. I feel your pain. Literally.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Mando said...

Can't be havin' that...
Safety First.

Timothy I hope you recover fully and quickly. When you do, remember you have to live with that back for the rest of you life, be nice to it. :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

Thanks, Rick. Thoughtful of you.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home