Saturday, January 07, 2006

Switzerland

Hi there.

So I just arrived back in Biel from Skilager yesterday (pronounced "shee'-logger"), along with the other Americans here visiting: Jen, Laura, Peter and Gillian. That's right, it's quite the party here. It was wonderful, of course... we stayed in a big ol' lodge in the middle of the Alps. The place we stayed and skiied was called Le Moleson (put a little hyphen over the "e" in Moleson) in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Over a hundred kids were there, so it was by far the biggest Skilager ever. We had an amazing time, it was wonderful to see all of their shining, smiling faces and give them big American hugs.

On Friday a few of us went for a trip to Wildstrubbel ("Veeld'-shtroob-el) to hike four hours up into the back country (10,000 foot peak!) and snowboard back down for an hour straight in pristine powder. Unfortunately, once we got there we found that the avalanche danger was too high for us to go, so we never used our snowshoes, poles, avalanche gear, oh well. But we still had a blast snowboarding all day.

Here's a few photos of my time there in the Alps.




Upon first arriving at the Wildstrubbel, we immediately saw this small avalanche coming down from a peak. Not a good sign:

Peter and I:
And Andreas whom you (perhaps) know and love:
Gotta love that macro setting... here's some frost, close up:

And of course, the lovely Swiss folks:


First and second year students:

Third year (current) students:

With my Swiss family:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow those are cool pics! I'm sure you are having a blast over there. It would be great to be there with you. Say hi to Andreas.

2:04 PM  
Blogger justin said...

Das ist so... Oh nevermind. I wish I were with you. That's all. Say hello, er, uh "Grussig" to anybody that knows me, if you will.

9:31 AM  
Blogger imallforgod said...

Have a great time Tim! I'm envious!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mr. Mando said...

Grussegh or however you spell it, (but I still remember how to say it and that's what counts:]).
I so wish I were there, you look like you are having a way good time. Love the pictures, love the people, miss the people, I'm gonna have to save up so I too can visit die schwiez(or however you spell that)again.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those are several adventurous photographs! But what I would really like to know is how are the Swiss - the MC class, the church, the youth, the Prime Minister, etc.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ! I have just find your blog on the web. I live in Moléson !! I am very happy to see your enthousiasm for Moléson ! I love thise place too ! I hope to see you once again in Moléson soon ! xx Sophie

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home