Thursday, January 18, 2007

What do you want?

Recently I was reading through the gospel of John and the first recorded words of Jesus are "What do you want?" He was walking along and John had pointed Him out to a couple of his disciples. The disciples began following Jesus out of curiosity. He turned around and sprang this question on them. I love it.

I think it's a profound question. So much of what we do or do not get out of life hinges on our answer to this question. What is it that you really want?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Sarah said...

Excellent, Tim - Excellent! Thank you for the profound thought. I will ponder that for awhile... Just what is it that I REALLY want? The Lord is waiting for us to answer the question with honesty and sincerity and desperation.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mando said...

I too have been hearing this from God lately. Desire is revealed by the choices we make. Sometimes it is such a struggle to change our ways so that His desires actually become ours.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

I want to take a nap.

And I want to laugh often. And I want to trust more. And I want to do better at saving my money.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dis is too good, im glad i read it...seems like thats exactly what master's commission is about so far. :)

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be a part of restoring the minds and hearts of this generation to the Father, and training the next ones to walk in their destinies. Short term version: to finish school, find the next step, build relationships and learn how to budget. (Also climb a mountain and skydive someday). Side note: It would be so interesting to find out what everyone dreams of--that's probably a big clue to really knowing who people are. Good question you pose.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home