Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Suds

I was extremely excited to discover last night that I finally have power at my condo. I had purposefully left the heat on, so whenever the power was restored and I came back home, it would be nice and warm. I hadn't remembered having almost every light in the place on, however.

When the power went out Thursday evening at around 9.30 pm, I had a load of laundry going. Since it's a side-loading washer, I just let the load sit out the power outage. Last night I decided to restart the load, so I put some soap in and started a cycle. I came back later to discover that the washer machine had finished, but was completely packed full of suds. So I clicked the wheel to the rinse/spin cycles and let it finish. Still full of suds. So I started an entire new cycle and let that finish. Still full of suds. This morning when I looked at it? Full of suds.

Anybody have any ideas? Why would a power outage cause my washer machine to become so stupid?

7 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Mando said...

I don't have any idea Tim, but that story made me laugh out loud, if only for a little. I hope you figure it out, that's pretty nutty.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i think i read one time that cold water helps to get rid of suds, but hot water will increase them. do you have more laundry to do? you could just use up the rest of the suds!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for the power coming back on! But that is pretty weird that the washing machine got so sudsy.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Erick said...

Did you try rebooting it?

9:27 PM  
Blogger justin said...

Watch the movie Mr. Mom. That should give you some good ideas of how to deal with a misbehaving washing machine.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Timothy said...

I think I've got it figured out. It was simply too much soap. The first load was still soapy, plus the new soap that I put in overwhelmed the poor little guy. While researching the issue I discovered that there's actually a different kind of laundry detergent that's recommended for front-loading washing machines since this suds thing is a common issue. Go figure.

I ended up just scooping all the suds out with a salad bowl and running it a final time. :)

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh, Tim! I guess your washer requires some TLC.
Glad you got it figured out.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home