Monday, April 02, 2007

Job Hunt

Yes, that's right, I'm on the job hunt once again. As of April 20th, Colson Technology will cease to exist. I hate the whole business of hunting for a job, for several obvious reasons:

(1) Job hunting is all about selling and promoting yourself, something that isn't fun to do and feels distinctly anti-Jesus-like.

(2) There's always the nagging suspicion in the back of your head the there's probably a better job elsewhere somewhere out there with better benefits closer to home, but you haven't discovered it yet.

(3) The uncertainty of the future.

(4) Writing and editing and re-editing and then re-editing your resume, and your cover letter, and your list of references, and your, etc.

I guess it's a really good thing that my trust is not in a particular company, nor is it in my own abilities to discern where the best place of employement is, but my trust is in God. And I'm pretty darn tootin' sure that He is indeed trust-WORTHY.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I guess God has new adventures in store for you, huh, Tim?!

Having been "on the job hunt" recently, myself, I must give a hearty "Yes and Amen" to all of your reasons for disliking it.

I think number four is the worst. The tedious, never-ending process of editing and re-editing dredges up long-buried memories of college research papers and literature cited pages. Uhg.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Mr. Mando said...

I hear that Jack in the Box has great beni's...

but seriously, I'm sorry to hear that you will be out of work. Lisa and I will pray that you find the right new job,whatever that may be.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can come work at KPMG in Seattle! It's a great idea! I would go to the technology floor every day and visit you and we would be best friends forever. Just think of it. A new job and a new best friend all in one move.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

on point 1) - that's what my PhD is about...how people feel about selling themselves and why.

Also - hi there

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home