Thursday, January 19, 2006

Shot in the Back by My Doctor

Today I had a 3 1/2 inch needle stuck into my back. Twice. Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Doctor Frank shot some kind of 100% natural anti-inflammatory derived from plants around my lowest vertebrae, where my spine meets my hips. We did it at a radiology clinic where I laid under this big machine so they could watch the needle going in to be exactly precise in their insertion. I didn't find out until afterward that the needle was THREE-AND-A-HALF INCHES! Yeah. Of course I didn't feel it, because the shot up the area with a local anesthetic. Which hurt. But when he squeezed the liquid into the area near my spine, I could feel the pressure in my tissue there, where there had never been pressure before like that. Interesting sensation. You should try it sometime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

I don't think I would like to try that. I have a hard enough time with getting my blood drawn. Did you have to get that done because of your back going out awhile ago?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Dude. Ouch.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope I don't have to, but if I throw my back out sometime maybe I will.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that same thing done once. my hands sweated the whole time, as i sat there thinking of somewhere else i would like to be.

10:33 PM  
Blogger imallforgod said...

I had spinal meningitis when I was 16 and had THREE spinal taps... Thank God for the coma I was in.

Tim, I'm glad they didn't tell you how long the needle was. I'm not sure I'd willingly allow anyone to put a needle in my back ... I've kinda learned that any needle in the back is LONG.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home