Monday, September 25, 2006

Five Statements

Some thoughts from my current experiences in life. Do you agree or disagree?

1. Being busy does not make you more holy.
2. Greater intimacy with God doesn't always equal spending more time with Him.
3. Nothing happens at all except by prayer.
4. God loves you. He isn't angry with you. He really likes you, and wants to spend time with you.
5. We meet a lot with those we disciple, and with those who disciple us, but do not meet enough with our friends (not group social times, but coffee times, one-on-one times).

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with your first three statements. The fourth one, I agree with as well, but can be difficult to believe at times. The fifth one is good that we meet with those we disciple and it's good to meet with our friends....hmmm, I am going to have to think about this last one a little more.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are good thoughts, but I'm not sure I fully agree with #3. Not always does closeness mean time, but I think it usually does. Just because, how else do you get to know someone unless you follow them around, ask them questions, take time to listen to their thoughts and feelings. It works the same with God as with people.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home