Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sufjan Stevens


The other night when I was at Tyler and Bianca's house doing the latest video bulletin shoot, Tyler had some fantastic, whimsical music playing on his stereo. "Who is this?" "Sufjan" "Oh, this is Sufjan!" Then I remembered that Gus had told me about Sufjan Stevens and played some of his music for me while I was in Spokane last time visiting... then Tom Hallstrom reminded me that he had played Sufjan for me at my condo once while visiting. Yet it was this final exposure to him that convinced me to purchase his latest album "Come On, Feel the Illinoise!" Amazing. Go ahead and think of any box, any size and shape and color and genre and title, and you cannot place this album into that box.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dusty said...

Tim, if I would've ever had the opportunity to play you some music, I would've played you Sufjan too. Simply brilliant. If you haven't heard his Michigan or Seven Swans yet, I highly recommend you remedy that situation.

12:20 PM  
Blogger jennifer joy staab said...

i'm sorry tim, but you are so behind the times on this one.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home