Thursday, May 17, 2007

All In a Day's Work

So I have a new job at Microsoft! Well, I technically work for Siemens and am a contractor for Microsoft. I work with the SQL Labs group in building 35, the team that supports all of the different labs used by the folks who create and test Microsoft SQL Server. It's a great job and pays well, but it's definitely a bottom-rung job, a foot in the door which will hopefully open up to bigger and better things.

Part of my job is yanking old hardware out of the labs and helping to install new hardware. The below photo shows some (not all!) of the gear that another contractor Mark and I pulled out of the labs yesterday to simply throw away. Mark said that if I could see an open field where they put everything that was thrown away from the Microsoft campus in one day, I would be shocked.

(Those servers aren't small, by the way.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Those are all servers?

I'll kindly take a few off your hands!!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Timothy said...

They are all servers and RAID arrays... and even though they all function, you can't take a single one of them and put it to good use. Rules.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Hmph. We'll talk.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home